Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner v6.9.3 [Pro] [Latest] (Android Apps)
Listen to live audio from over 2,900 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (with more being added daily).
* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
* View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance, by clicking on “Near Me”
* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
* View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
* Browse the directory of scanner feeds by location or by genre (public safety, weather, railroad, etc).
* Configure alerts to have the app notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).
* Add Scanner Radio widgets and/or shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access.
* Add a “Scanner Radio Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
- The ads are removed.
- Allows you to specify what times of day you want to receive listener alerts.
- Allows you to setup listener alerts for scanners located near you.
- The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is functional.
- Allows you to listen to archived audio (from the past 30 days) if you have a RadioReference.com Premium Subscription. Their premium subscription is $15 for 6 months, without it you will not be able to access their audio archives using the app.
What’s in this version : (Updated : 30 January 2017)
• Removed displaying of app icon full screen while scanner is playing.
• When returning to a search results directory listing the previous search query is now displayed at the top of the screen.
• Added “Include ‘Open in Browser’ in context menu?” setting under “Directory Settings”; used to determine whether or not “Open in Browser” is included in directory screen context menus and in the player screen’s menu.
• Many other bug fixes